Overcoming alcohol addiction can be a daunting and lonely endeavor. For those trying to recover from alcohol dependence at home, detox can often lead to drinking more and suffering from alcohol poisoning or other health complications. It is always safer to detox from alcohol and begin recovery with medical assistance. If you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol, know you are not alone, and there is help out there. Alcohol addiction treatment centers nationwide are ready to support you and your loved ones with consistent, reputable, medically-assisted care.
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Like any drug that alters brain chemistry, alcohol is surprisingly addictive. Common signs of any addiction are lying about drug use and manipulating others to obtain drugs. It is common to deny a problem and deny just how much you drink a day when it comes to alcohol use. Other signs may include:
- Increased depression and mood swings
- Secretive behavior
- Blatant drunkenness
- The inability to stop drinking after one beverage
Drinking alcohol is one of humankind’s most ancient social practices. Today, however, it’s easy to get carried away and not realize just how much alcohol you or your loved one consumes. Alcohol addiction treatment programs can offer the perfect reset and perspective to develop a healthy relationship with alcohol.
What to Expect from an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center
The first step in any alcohol addiction treatment program is detox. Most inpatient centers will monitor vital signs and check blood work as a client begins to detox. This can help doctors address any underlying health concerns or adverse effects of alcohol and detox. During detox, facilities also focus on optimal nutrition and often supplement with medication to ease detox symptoms. Programs like Fresh Start Recovery Center are a great example of alcohol addiction treatment programs.
- Therapy, group therapy, family therapy.
- Diet and nutrition analysis and support.
- Medical support.
- Structured time for exercise and hobbies.
- Stress management and mindfulness training.
- EMDR and other trauma releasing therapies.
- 12-step programs.
- Transition programs like outpatient and sober living facilities.
No matter the program, an alcohol addiction treatment center will help you find and address the root cause of addiction through therapy, counseling, and healthy habits. Those who go through a reputable alcohol addiction treatment like those at Fresh Start Recovery Center are far more likely to stay sober than those who tackle sobriety alone.
Where to Find the Right Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center
There are many things to consider when looking for alcohol addiction treatment, such as:
- Location. Do you need to be close to home, or is a secluded center best for your recovery?
- Cost. Do you have insurance coverage, or will this be an out-of-pocket expense?
- Length of Stay. Program lengths vary and can change based on progress. Factor in the duration of stay when considering both cost and location.
- Post-rehab support. Look for programs that can still support you after your initial inpatient stay.
When looking for the right program for you or a loved one, start with government resources. Government websites can offer free support and resources and direct you to government-subsidized programs. Also, consider contacting the local AA chapter for recommendations. If you or someone you know sees a therapist specializing in addiction treatments, they may be an excellent resource for finding the right program. Always check to make sure a program is reputable and medically supported. Sites like the Better Business Bureau can help you spot rehab scams.
Today is Your Day to Address Alcohol Addiction
Don’t be another statistic. If you or a loved one need help with alcohol addiction, don’t wait, call a reputable treatment center today and get your life back on track. Sobriety is waiting.